Hello!
If you saw my Wishlist #3, I posted about wanting a Baby Lips lip balm in Peach Kiss, and I've now got one (all of them). As these are the current craze, I thought I'd do a review on the lip balms, enjoy!
As you can see, I have all 6 of the Baby Lips lip balms, and I'm not disappointed in any of them. The lip balms come in 6 different varieties which are, Mint Fresh, Intense Care, Hydrate, Pink Punch, Peach Kiss, and Cherry Me. In the set, you can get 3 non-coloured ones, or 3 coloured ones, I think it's good that not all of the lip balms are coloured, because I don't like my lips to have a colour on them all the time. Also, some men may want to buy one of these, and if they were all coloured then Maybelline would lose some audience!
Anyway, 5 of the lip balms have a distinct smell to them, the Hydrate one doesn't have any smell to it, because it's just a pure lip balm. However, Pink Punch smells of bubblegum, Peach Kiss smells of peach, Mint Fresh smells of mint, Cherry Me smells of cherries, and Intense Care smells of pineapple. What I smell may be different to what you smell, so don't rely on what I've said, it's obvious that 3 of them would smell of mint, cherry, and peach because it's in their name, however I'm not too sure if Pink Punch and Intense Care were intending to smell of bubblegum and pineapple.
Not only do these lip balms smell amazing, they all work exceptionally well. Each of the lip balms live up to it's name, and I really like the colour the 3 coloured ones translate onto the lip. Cherry Me is quite a sheer deep pink, compared to Pink Punch that is abit more matte, but still has abit of shine and a light pink tone to it. As you can see, Peach Kiss has a nude/brown/golden tone to it, this looks nicer on the lip than it does in the packaging, because personally I think it looks quite an off putting, unattractive colour, but it isn't. Also, all the lip balms are extremely moisturizing, and last quite long, but I don't agree with Maybelline stating that they stay on for 8 hours because mine comes off in about 3/4 hours.
What caught my eye mostly about these is the packaging, which is what made me want to buy them all. They're all so colourful, and look adorable all lined up together (you know you need help when you're talking about lip balms looking cute). Anyway, the contrast of the two colours on each lip balm packaging makes this range stand out a lot compared to other lip products, because they are so bright.
Lastly, the value of each lip balm is quite good aswell, they're £2.99 each, but Boots and Superdrug are doing a 3 for 2 offer which is how I've been purchasing them, although I think £2.99 is a little too much for one lip balm. In my opinion, these should be individually priced at £1.50/£2, but I'm not Maybelline so I can't choose the pricing!
If you don't have one of these lip balms, I suggest you go out and buy one because they are fantastic and look adorable!





They look cute and not expensive at all :) Great review!
ReplyDeletethanks very much! :]
DeleteSuch a great review on these and love the fact that your honest! Colours look really nice and packaging is amazing! Agree though that there a bit overpriced!
ReplyDeletehttp://my-fashionobsession.blogspot.co.uk/
thank you! yeah I agree totally!
DeleteI have just done a review on these also! I love Pink Punch!
ReplyDeletehttp://bellamomento.blogspot.co.uk
xx
I'll have a read! Me too!
Deletex
I've heard so many good things about these lip balms! Thank you for the review, I might as well go out right now and buy a stick! C:
ReplyDeleteJunniku blog [Click!]
- A Korean fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog!
Hehe, thanks for reading! You definitely should :]
Deletex
they look adorable
ReplyDeleterachel @ http://watshouldiweartoday.blogspot.co.uk/
they certainly are!
Deletex
I love baby lips I'm two away from getting them all!
ReplyDeletehttp://thelipstickthegirlandherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/
Same! Once you get one of them, it's impossible to stop which is why I have them all!
DeleteI wish they made these for fellas :-)
ReplyDeleteYou could get one of the 3 non-tinted ones, you may get a few odd looks whacking it out, but who cares ;]
Delete