Sunday, 19 May 2013

BARRY M TEXTURED NAILS


Hello!

If you saw my last post on Barry M you'll know that I just discovered the Hi-Shine Gelly Nail Paint, now I've discovered Textured Nails by Barry M!









(The nails look quite messy I apologise)
The nail paint leaves your nails with a gritty sort effect, once the nails are painted and dry, if you run your nails across your face it feels strangely therapeutic. You can't really see it in the picture but the nail paint does leave a gritty texture upon your nails, which is why the nail paints are named after roads-roads are gritty and so is the varnish.

I got the nail paints in 2 colours: Ridley Road which is a very soft green, basically mint green-similar to Mint Candy Apple by Essie, and Kingsland Road which is the colour of a strawberry milkshake, and is very similar to Marabou by Essie. I really like the colours, they are very cute and soft-almost like pastel colours which is what I like. The good thing is that you could wear these colours nearly all year round as they go with most Seasons.

When I first got the nail paints and applied it to my nails I was quite unsure because I felt as though I'd done a bad job on my nails-and they had gone streaky, eventually you get used to them looking gritty and rough, and they do start to look edgy, pretty. 

You do only need 1 coat, the nail paint drys so quickly and if you try to apply a second coat it layers up and becomes too thick. Doing 2 coats looks just as good if you were doing 1 so leave it at 1, if you really feel as though it doesn't look good with only 1 then add another, I would advise you stick to 1 though. In addition, if you try to apply another coat after the first one the brush wont glide across the nail very well, this is because the first coat will dry gritty and textured making it harder for the brush to go along the nail smoothly-unlike when you do the first layer onto untouched nails.

Both of the nail paints were only £3.99 each which is the same pricing as all the nail paints by Barry M that have an effect added to them, I find this a good price for nail paints that are reliable, work, and last a long time. I've had mine on for about a week, and they're only a little bit chipped which is pretty good for a nail paint, and especially one with an added texture.

You can buy these in most drugstores that sell Barry M products, but they have sold out quite alot of times on the internet so buy fast if you want some!





No comments:

Post a Comment