Sunday, 15 September 2013

WOULD YOU WEAR: MOM JEANS

Hello!

I've decided to start a series called 'Would You Wear.' I have seen some other bloggers do these sort of posts, and thought I'd do my own.


Mom jeans have recently made an appearance back into fashion, and my 'mom' said they were jeans she used to wear when she was younger, so they aren't anything new.

These jeans may look like an ordinary pair of jeans in the picture, but they're baggier than they look. Mom jeans are very loose fitting and towards the bottom the jeans are turned up and sit loosely half way up the shins, which makes them really comfortable because they aren't stuck to your legs whereas skinny jeans are.

Personally, I really like Mom jeans, I think they're really edgy, and unique as not many people wear them. I have a pair of Mom jeans from Asos Marketplace, and I really like the look of them, although they do look quite baggy on me because my body frame is small and the trousers look as if they drown me, but they don't.

Mom jeans are available from most on-trend fashion shops such as, Topshop, River Island, Asos, maybe New Look, Urban Outfitters and Levi's. However, they are quite expensive, mine were £28, for a pair of jeans this isn't too bad, but you could've probably got them from somewhere else for cheaper.

Here's how I would style Mom jeans:


I'd style the Mom jeans with a plain white crop top, black Dr Martens, rounded sunglasses, and a chunky chain necklace. Pairing the jeans with a white top makes the outfit look plain, so I added a statement piece necklace to jazz up the outfit. To contrast against the white I added black Dr Martens, these are also quite bland, but they have a wet look effect on them making the outfit have a different texture on it's appearance. To add a touch of class, I've added in some rounded sunglasses, these are currently on-trend, and add some sophistication to the outfit.

I'm aware that these jeans aren't everyone's cup of tea, but I'm really attracted to them, and before judging the appearance of them, I think people should at least try them on, because you might surprise yourself and like the look of the jeans on you.

Would you wear Mom jeans?


4 comments:

  1. I guess it'd be a really cute trend, but I don't think that it would suit all body types, do you reckon?

    x, nessiejudge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree they wouldn't be suitable for all body types. They may possibly make larger sized women appear larger then they actually are, but for medium sizes and under I think they would look good x

      Delete
  2. I personally wouldn't wear Mom Jeans because they wouldn't suit me and they're not really my style but I do love the way people style them! :) xx

    adaliascloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, well they aren't everyones cup of tea aye! hehe me too:]xx

      Delete