Sunday, 3 November 2013

MY HALLOWEEN OUTFIT

Hello!

I don't normally make an effort with Halloween because I prefer staying in and giving people the sweets rather then receiving them, but on Friday 1st November, my friend Rosie had a Halloween party and of course it was a dressing up one, so I made an effort and went as...Tinkerbell!



Me and my friend Poppy decided we would both do a blog post on what we wore, and took the photos for each-other which is why most of these aren't too serious.


The outfit:
(I am not being serious with my flexibility here do not worry.)

 Feet:

These black, leather slip-ons' were the most dainty looking shoes I had in my wardrobe, and they happened to go well so I put those on.

(Newlook £6)

Legs:
 As the weather isn't the warmest at the moment, I put on some sheer white knee-high socks, with black bows on the sides to keep me warm, and they looked cute too.
 (Perfect Parties £5)

Body:
Eventhough Tinkerbell's dress is a boob-tube style dress, I didn't fancy wearing one of those, and couldn't find one either so resorted to this acid green skater dress from Miss Guided. The dress does have 2 hip cut out bits above the skirt part, but these aren't too visible from the front view.
 All fairies have to have a wand, so my mum bought me this one.

(Dress-Miss Guided £12.99. Wand-Perfect Parties £2.50)

Hair:
 This is how I usually have my hair, but it suits the cuteness and fairy-likeness of Tinkerbell. All I did was separate a section of my hair from the top of my crown and tied it up, I then back-combed it for more volume and added a with ribbon tied in a bow. My hair has also got light pink on the ends too.

(Hair bow-Material World 80p, Pink hair dye-Crazy Color £4.49)

Make-up:

 I didn't want to go too heavy and over the top on the eyes, so I did my normal winged eyeliner, but added a grey shimmer to the outer section of my eyelids, and used a paler one in the middle, leaving the inner corners of my eye with a white eyeshadow to open them up (Can you tell I'm not a make-up artist). For the lips I went for a bright red as it went nicely with the green dress, and suited the face make-up.

(Eyes-Naked Pallet £37. Eyeliner- L'Oreal Super liner perfect slim £6.99. Lips-Collection 2000 lipstick in Valentine £2.99)

Nails:
 This Holographic nail-varnish was the closest thing I had to silver (for some reason I don't have a silver nail-varnish), but thankfully it goes with the outfit, and matches the eyes nicely.

(Urban Outfitters £11)

Fail Shots:

1. I was trying to grasp a tree elegantly which resulted in my laughing and looking dodgy.
2. A general mug-shot.
3. I attempted to run gracefully but ended up looking like I was going through a wind tunnel.
4. I then tried a star jump and Poppy completely missed my head, and the second try my skirt flew up and the picture was of my underwear!
5. Another attempt at running gracefully, but I look shocked and scared all mixed into one.

Many thanks to Poppy for taking these photos and providing the ever-so small pumpkin which is in fact a mini Squash.

No comments:

Post a Comment