Hello!
I haven't reviewed a product in a long time, and as I got this blusher for Christmas I thought I might aswell review it because it's quite a new product, and with all the sales on you may be tempted to buy it.
Once again, the first thing that jumps out to me from the blusher is the packaging. As you can see the box is covered in a gold snake effect with pink and black lace in the corners, the packaging is quite regal and elegant with a punk sort of twist, and I think this look really nice on display and definately stands out-just like all the Benefit products. Benefit always go over the top when it comes to the packaging and designing of their products, some people think the packaging is tacky and over the top but I think it's what makes the brand so unique and outgoing. However, the practicality of the box isn't too good because it is so large, and isn't something that would fit well in my makeup bag.
As do all Benefit blushers, the blusher comes with an applicator which is ok, but I prefer to apply the blusher with a Real Techniques blusher brush because the quality of the brush fibres are much better, and transfer the product a lot better. When you open the box you also get a tiny mirror which is quite handy, however you can't see the whole of your cheeks in it so it's a bit pointless, and if Benefit removed the brush and mirror in the packaging then the pricing would go down a lot, which I think people would benefit more from. Although, some people do like receiving an applicator and mirror in the product.
Anyway, onto the blusher colour. The blusher is a very pretty light pink/bronzed gold colour, it's hard to describe but in the picture you can see what I mean. I really like the colour of the blusher, it's perfect for all seasons because it has the Summer and Winter pink/bronzed look which most people desire for in the seasons-well I certainly do.
As you can see in the before and after pictures, Rockateur has a spray of golden shimmer on top which only lasts through a few uses, this is a little bit of a shame because it adds a nice shimmer to your face, but the product without the shimmer is still beautiful enough.
As you can see in the before and after pictures, Rockateur has a spray of golden shimmer on top which only lasts through a few uses, this is a little bit of a shame because it adds a nice shimmer to your face, but the product without the shimmer is still beautiful enough.
As with all the Benefit blushers, the blusher stays on my cheeks all day without having to be touched up, and this is without a primer for it to stick to. In addition the powder is also scented, the scent is quite spicy but nothing too over-powering, and I know this can put people off but I think it adds to the overall product.
I was given this blusher as a Christmas present from my step uncle and aunty, but after looking on the Benefit website I found out this blusher was £23.50 which would leave a hole in your pocket, however I think it's worth it for the gorgeous colour. I'm sure there's a cheaper dupe/alternative somewhere but I am currently unsure of one yet.
If you know any blushers that are similar, and is a cheaper version then let me know because I'd be glad to buy the alternative, and do a comparison between the two.






No comments:
Post a Comment