Hello!
Today I'm going to be writing about beauty things that I suck at. Obviously I'm not a professional make-up artist so don't think I'm particularly skillful at anything to do with beauty, but there are definitely things I suck at a lot more than others.
1. Eyeshadow
I love the overall look of eyeshadow when it's done well, however I cannot seem to master the art of eyeshadow. I know what colours go well with which, and how to blend etc, but I just can't seem to project my knowledge onto eyelids. The most I can do is one colour, with a darker one in the crease, but even then I still don't like how I've done it. Mastering the look of eyeshadow really comes down to what brushes you use and what eyeshadows you use, I have only ever used in-expensive eyeshadows and brushes because I'd rather spend my money on a lipstick etc, but I think this may be one of the reasons I suck at it-I don't use the right tools and brands.
2. Contouring
Unfortunately I can't use the excuse that I don't have the right brushes for contouring because I do, I have the Real Techniques contour brush, but I am always unsure of how much bronzer to use for contouring. I don't want to go over-board and look too bronzed in one particular place, but I also don't want to look like a failure at contouring-where is that in-between? My current bronzer is Bourjois Paris chocolate bronzer which is very good, but when contouring with it I can never seem to make my cheekbones look defined. I know I don't apply too little because when I look in the mirror you can see a clear difference in skin tone, however no change in face shape is there so I'm completely stuck on what I'm doing wrong.
An example of where I go wrong with contouring:
3. Painting toenails
When it comes to painting fingernails I'm not too bad because I paint them quite often, and thankfully have the talent of being able to paint with both hands. Toenails, on the other hand, is not the same situation. For some reason my line of sight is not the same for my toes as it is for my hands, I always seem to end up with nail-varnish on the sides of my nail, and a very streaky looking nail. Why is this? You'd think that painting toenails would be easy and the toenails would cooperate, but mine don't seem to agree. Also, I don't have short toenails so they aren't hard to miss and ruin, yet I still manage to find a way of mucking them up, even though there is plenty of nail to paint on!
An example of where I go wrong with toenail painting:
4. Lip Liner
I don't usually wear lip liner, but on the rare occasions I have, it has never gone right first time. I also can't use the excuse I have a bad lip liner because I don't, however I can't follow the shape of my lips at all; I either end up going round the outside, missing my lip line, or not going close enough to the edge. I also can't match lip liner with lipstick well, the difference in the lipstick to lip liner is too big, and looks way too fake for my liking. In addition, as my lips are quite shaped and big anyway, lip liner tends to make them appear bigger and look as if I've had collagen, I can't line my lips in a way that my lips won't look any bigger/smaller.
An example of where I go wrong with lip liner:
There are many more small things I suck at in the beauty world, however these are my main weaknesses and things that bring my make-up ability down. Obviously the photos were slightly exaggerated and I am not that bad, they just show the main faults when doing these beauty related things.






No comments:
Post a Comment