Hello!
For
my birthday in November, I got a limited edition mac set containing
pigments and glitters. I originally only asked for the vanilla pigment
but it worked out better this way, anyway I've been using the pigment
for about 2 months now so thought it was time to review it!
Like I said, as I've been using this for a a few months I have a pretty good knowledge of what it's like, so will be able to write a full review covering all aspects of it (I hope).
The
first thing I will be talking about is the packaging. I know this is a
limited edition casing so it's different from the usual pot, but I much
prefer this design to the original. The horizontal pin-stripes around
the lid make it look really classy and modern, and the added mirrored
rims make the product look more expensive and special compared to the
original. Also, the logo is in gold which indicates the product is a unique, one off version.
As you can see, this pot is filled to the brim with product which is what I like to see because these days you don't get many brands that fill products up to the top, but MAC certainly do. Anyway, the pot may look small, but it's not. As there's a pigment inside, you only need a little bit on the brush because a little goes a long way, so this lasts a very long time. I've used this everyday for 2 months and have only gone down the pot 3mm which is not a lot at all.
For 4.5g of pigment it costs £17 which I think is a reasonable price for how long this lasts, and how good of a product it is. I'm unsure as to whether the limited edition pot was more expensive and contained more product or not, but I assume they're around the same price range.
It's difficult to get a photo of the pigment applied to skin as it doesn't show up well with flash on or off, but you can still faintly see it. Anyway, I am absolutely in love with this pigment, I never thought something as small as this could make such a big difference, but it does. This white iridescent powder contains gold and faint violet reflexes that shimmer in the sun, or any type of light source, highlighting the features you applied the product onto. I apply this onto my; cheekbones, cupids bow, brow-bone, inner corner of my eyes, and the bridge of my nose with a detailing brush from real techniques as it's very small, and applies the product well. Without a primer, the pigment still lasts quite a long time, however I like to apply "Primer Potion" by Urban Decay which makes the pigment last all day-even in bad weather!
MAC do some other beautiful pigments which you can purchase here, but I think this one is definitely the best for highlighting.





No comments:
Post a Comment