Sunday, 4 May 2014

APRIL FAVOURITES

Hello!

It's been a while since my last monthly favourite's post, and since I've had a lot of favourite's for April I thought it was a good time to post them-especially as we've just started May. Also, this will be my 2nd April Favourite's post since I started my blog!


I haven't been loving many beauty items as I haven't really discovered many, however I have discovered new foods, and hobbies!

1. Barry M Nail Varnish in "Huckleberry"
I'm a massive fan of the "Hi-shine" Barry M range anyway, however this colour attracts me to them so much more. Huckleberry is a very subtle, sky blue which is perfect for Spring time. I've worn this constantly ever-since I got it because it goes with everything as it's so subtle, but also dries incredibly quickly, and only requires one coat because of the thick, but not gloopy, consistency. This is a must have for Spring!
 
2. Seventeen "Stay time long wear" Primer
I've never been a massive fan of primer because I never thought it worked, and was always a waste of time. However, after using my Urban Decay primer on my eyes and realizing how good it is, I thought it'd be a good idea to get a primer for my face as my make-up comes off in the heat! Anyway, I opted for a cheap one to test out, and I'm surprisingly really liking this one. It's not incredibly sticky, but enough to keep the make-up on, it also helps my make-up stay on for a lot longer than it used too. As this was cheap it obviously isn't amazing, but for something so inexpensive I'm really liking using this.
 
3. Model CO Fibre Lashxtend mascara
 My last beauty favourite was discovered after receiving it from Glamour magazine, and it's a fibre mascara. I first thought this was an everyday, normal mascara, however it's not. Fibre mascaras contain tiny fibres in the mascara fluid, so when you apply this on top of normal mascara the fibres transfer onto your lashes, and lengthen them out. This makes a massive, noticeable difference to my eyes, and I will definitely be making investments in other mascaras.
  
4. Dumbbells
 These are an odd thing to have in a favourites post, however I've been really into eating healthily and exercise at the minute, and recently found these dumbbells in my house. After some research I found some exercises I could do with these, and I've been loving it! After a workout with dumbbells I immediately feel a difference, but also feel a lot better about myself. Dumbbells are pretty expensive, however going down to a local gym may be more worthwhile.

5. Sushi
As you can see this packet is currently empty as I've eaten it, but I didn't have any other sushi to show! Anyway, carrying on with the 'being healthy' regime, I've been eating a lot more sushi lately. I've always liked sushi, however I'm eating it more than ever, and loving it more than ever! After eating some I feel incredibly refreshed and energized, as well as lively because of how healthy sushi is. I don't prefer any particular sushi brand over another because sushi is all the same, however I much prefer fish filled sushi to vegetable (I've said sushi way too much).

6. Prestat Red Velvet truffles
These red velvet truffles are the nicest tasting truffles ever. Words cannot describe how much I love these, they are so incredibly delicious. Red velvet truffles consist of an icing encased in milk chocolate, and dusted with crushed raspberries. I thought these would be unbearably sweet, however the light dust of raspberries really helps sharpen out the sweetness, and add some fruity-ness that really changes the whole truffle. Unfortunately, these are £11.50 per pack for 6 truffles, however every penny is worth it if you're a chocolate lover like me.

7. Scrunchies
My last favourite's for April are Scrunchies. These have been making their way into fashion a lot more recently, and I've been loving them. These 2 particular ones are from American Apparel and were £6 each which is reasonable for a very good quality velvet scrunchie, anyway, I love these because they're incredibly handy for tying up hair in emergencies, or in general. As they're so big, they add a lot of volume and lift to your hair which is what I need because my hair is quite fine. Also, they look extremely cute, and also look nice on your wrist as an accessory, but also necessity!

No comments:

Post a Comment