Sunday, 18 May 2014

OOTD: BACK TO BLACK

Hello!

I couldn't post last week as I've been revising for tests and exams, but these are mostly over now. So, today I thought I'd do an Ootd. I didn't actually wear this today as it was way too hot to go all black, however the purpose of this post is to show my new shoes, and what I wore them with. Also, I wore this outfit to JPG showroom and London trip.


You may notice a reoccurring theme of things being from Topshop, but then again most my wardrobe is Topshop so expect it in any Ootd post!

The Outfit:
Top: Topshop £28
Top: I wore a Peplum top as I find these style tops are very flattering as they're tight at the top, but flare out at the bottom making your figure look nice and slender. Also, my peplum top is very plain, and basic, which means I can pair it with patterned pieces, or basic pieces like I did today so I could go over-board on accessories.

Trousers: Topshop £38
Trousers: Sticking with the black theme, I wore black skinny jeans to match the top and shoes. I expected this to look too dull with black trousers as well as a top, however these made the outfit more classy in comparison to wearing standard blue jeans. Like I said, I wore all black to make accessories the key feature of the outfit, however white jeans would also keep the classy look, but add in more of a monochrome look than basic.

Shoes: Topshop £45 / Socks: Topshop £3.50
 Shoes: I styled the whole outfit around these shoes as I had recently purchased them, and wanted to find outfits to make them seem less extreme and more of an everyday shoe. Adding these into the outfit is what made the outfit change from standard to classy, but with the thick, cleated heels this also made the shoes appropriate for everyday wear. As the shoes and trousers were black, I wanted something of a different colour to show a solid difference between the shoes and trousers, so opted for black & white checkered socks. The black in the socks still works with the black theme, however the white brightens it up a little and helps prevent dullness.

Necklace: H&M $8.99 / Scrunchie: American Apparel £6 / Bracelet: Thomas Sabo £137 / Clutch: Next £24 / Earrings: Topshop £5.50
Accessories: For necklaces I chose this lace replicating necklace as it's quite big and eye-catching, but also works with the outfit adding some shine, as well as my earrings which were medium sized gold hoops. The hoops were a plain gold ring which kept the outfit sophisticated, and weren't worn in a way they would look chavvy. The scrunchie added a bit of colour as it's a soft lilac which also brightened up the outfit, as well as my Thomas Sabo bracelet which I wear with anything regardless as to whether it goes or not.
Lastly, I went for a black clutch which was partially leather, and partially suede which made the clutch less boring, and added texture to the outfit as a whole.

If you're looking for some everyday heels I recommend these shoes from Topshop, or platformed heels in general as they're extremely comfortable, look good, but also don't feel as if you're walking high above the ground, or look too over the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment